Not only is it beautiful, but it also makes a very eco-friendly fashion statement. You’re basically turning regular household items into a glamorous addition to your jewelry box.
The beauty of the safety pin bracelet is that anyone can make it. All it takes is some common craft materials and a lot of time. Did I mention that these bracelets would only cost a few dollars? Keep on reading for the needed materials and instructions.
- Safety pins
- Elastic string
- Mini pliers
1. Gather your materials together — safety pins, beads, elastic string, and
pliers. The key to make it look sophisticated is to choose the right shade of
beads, something that complements the color of pin. Think warm tones like
amber when pairing up with a gold safety pin and monochrome or cool
shades like blue with silver. You need to also make sure that the color of the
beads blends well.
2. Start sliding beads onto the safety pin and leave enough space on the pin that
it’ll be a tight fit when you close it. Consider alternating the placement of the
beads to make the piece look unique.
3. grab a pair of pliers and to squeeze down on the head of the safety pin.
4. Measure the elastic string around your wrist so it goes around it twice, leave
some space for the knots. Thread the safety pins together. Alternate between
one safety pin without beads and one with beads, so that the width of the
bracelet comes out even.
5. Thread the other side of the bracelet together.
6. Knot up the ends of the elastic so the safety pins are held tightly together.
Then, wrap it around your wrist and see if you need to adjust the length.
Bring both ends of the bracelet together and tie them up tightly. Finally, snip
off the ends of the elastic.